Essential Vitamins that You Need to Know About
Vitamins play a very significant role in the human body. The major role that they play in the body is preventing and treating various diseases. There are many types of vitamins some of which are synthesized by the body from the food that one eats while others are gotten from exposure to sunlight. They include:
- Vitamin A: This is also called retinol. It plays an important role in treating and preventing eye disorders, skin disorders, acne and other infections. It is also important for healing wounds on the skin.
- Vitamin B1: This is also known as Thiamin. It helps in the prevention and treatment of heart and beriberi disease. It also aids in the treatment of indigestion and enhancing body metabolism. This vitamin also plays a crucial role in enhancing brain development and blood circulation.
- Vitamin B2: Also known as Riboflavin. This vitamin helps in treating skin infections. It also enhances body metabolism and immunity system. This vitamin also plays a crucial role in the treatment of anemia.
- Vitamin B3: This vitamin is very crucial in preventing and treating digestion problems, skin disorders, heart disorders, migraine, diabetes, high levels of blood cholesterol and diarrhea.
- Vitamin D: Anyone suffering from arthritis, rickets, tooth decay and weak immunity as well as diabetes and high blood pressure should take high amounts of this vitamin. It facilitates development of strong bones.
- Vitamin E: It is also known as Tocopherol. This is very important when it comes to ensuring proper skin care, blood circulation, brain functioning and sterility. People with painful menstrual cycles and eye disorders should also take this vitamin.
- Vitamin K: It is commonly prescribed for people suffering from blood clotting problems, internal bleeding, osteoporosis, binary obstruction, menstrual pain and excessive menstrual flow.
These are some of the most common vitamins. Others include vitamin C, which is very important for treatment and prevention of cancer, eye infections, stress, diabetes, heart diseases, kidney disorders as well as internal bleeding among others. There are also vitamins B 5, 6, 9 and 12.